Earlier this year we announced the Google India Code to Learn Contest with a view to promote programming in a fun way among school students using Scratch - developed by the MIT Media Lab. Today, we celebrate the success of the following winners:
Classes 5 & 6
- Pratya Poosala - Vidyashilp Academy - Bangalore
- Ahona Mukherjee - Sri Kumaran Children's Home - Bangalore
- Rajashree Choudhury - Christ Church Girls' Senior Secondary School - Jabalpur
Classes 7 & 8
- Tarang Shah - Inventure Academy - Bangalore
- Rayyan Quraishi - Sultan-ul-uloom Public School - Hyderabad
- Chinmaya Krishnan Mahesh - National Public School, Koramangala - Bangalore
Classes 9 & 10
- Aditya Vallabh Ganti - Meridian School - Hyderabad
- Sashakt Pathak - Sacred Heart - Mathura
- Harry Arora - Sacred Heart Sr. Sec. Convent School - Sriganganagar
Students learned Scratch and created compelling projects that thoroughly impressed the panel of judges comprising of Engineers from Google India.
Congratulations to all the winners and also to all the finalists. The entire list of finalists can be viewed on the contest website.
We hope that with this contest we were able to excite students, teachers and parents about a fun way to learn computer programming. Stay tuned to this blog for more such initiatives from Google.
Posted by Ashwani Sharma - Program Manager, University Relations